Information literacy is the ability and set of skills needed to identify, locate, evaluate, use, interpret information and organize effectively. Information literacy helps students develop and demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
At Tharaka University Library We foster information literacy in the following ways
- By creating tutorials videos on how to access library resources.
- By helping students, faculty, and staff at the University become familiar with the Library and its resources.
- By developing instructional resources like brochure for students, faculty, and staff of the University.
- By encouraging a partnership between the Library and faculty in curriculum delivery.
Modes of conducting information literacy.
- Orientation programs
- Integration of IL content in communications skills lectures
- Scheduled training
- Use of print and online guides.