To be a world-class library in providing access to an extensive range of information resources to enhance the academic and research in the University.
To facilitate acquisition, processing, organizing, and disseminating information in line with the mission of the University..
- To identify, select and acquire quality information resources in all formats to support research, teaching goals of all the departments
- To provide modern, efficient and effective library and information services that meet the information needs of students, lecturers and researchers
- To develop and implement innovative information systems that will enhance the provision of academic information services
- Develop in students and staff skills and attitudes in line with the needs of in the 21st knowledge economy e.g. information literacy skills, and an attitude of lifelong learning
- To provide appropriate library facilities for efficient research, learning and studying
- To recruit, develop and grow a highly motivated staff in provision of library and information services
- To promote the welfare of the Kenyan people and beyond community by engaging in community service activities
- Carry out income generation activities to support the operational costs of managing the library
- Ensure that 90% of library materials purchased are processed and made available to library patrons for reference annually.
- Conduct information literacy and user orientation on a quarterly basis to ensure 80% of the library users develop the habits of critical thinking, browsing and independent use of library resources.
- To ensure that 90%of the library users are satisfied with the services and products provided by carrying out user surveys biannually.
- To support study, teaching and research within the frame work of the university programs by ensuring that 85% of the library materials suggested by academic staff are available at the library within the required period.